Check out our Top Rewards Cards to boost your points earning and travel more!
Chase is running a 10x promo on Ultimate Rewards earning personal credit cards for Walmart.com purchases up to $250 per card through 8/31/17 using Chase Pay as the form of payment.
Eligible cards are:
- Chase Sapphire Reserve
- Chase Sapphire Preferred
- Chase Sapphire
- Chase Freedom Unlimited
- Chase Freedom
- You do not need to be targeted for this offer
- You do not need to register
- You must use Chase Pay
- You can use Chase Pay on a desktop
- You can get this bonus on multiple cards (one per card account, not per authorized user)
- You can use Fairmont cards converted to Chase Sapphire Preferred, use the card info from your Fairmont card
- You can buy Walmart e-gift cards or physical gift cards, though some people report issues with Walmart canceling volume gift card orders, here are some tips
Walmart is not part of my regular shopping routine and I don’t like gift cards from various merchants lying around, so I was going to skip this offer. Then I saw a comment from Information Booth on Doctor of Credit that Walmart gift cards can be traded in at Hotels.com.
Hotels.com can be stacked in many ways from cash back portal or coupons to its own 10% rebate rewards program. Lately, they have had Amazon Lighting Deals for $40 for a $50 gift card. My primary hotel booking sites are Hotels.com and Booking.com so I usually have an upcoming use for their gift cards.
My first purchase was for a few filler items I need and gift cards.
My second purchase was for $250 in gift cards.
Both purchases went through and I had my Walmart e-gift cards in moments.
Over at Chase the transactions post with full earning:
Hotels.com with 3.24% Bonus
Update 8/23/17: on my 3rd $250 I received the following error, “Oops! Your customer monthly order limit has been exceeded.” I cannot find terms that specify it is calendar month or rolling month. I will try again on 9/1 and then 9/24. It looks like $500 is the monthly limit.
Once you have the Walmart gift card, head to hotels.com/gc for the swap.
Choose Exchange Gift cards.
Verify with your info including a credit card that is registered to your address.
Processing takes 1-2 business days. You get 3 emails from CardCash:
- Order Confirmed immediately after exchange late Sunday night
- Payment Processed received Monday afternoon
- Gift Card received Tuesday morning
I then returned to hotels.com/gc to merge the new card with my older hotels.com gift card.
I don’t get into gift card reselling though I do travel. Spinning this promo for a nice bonus I can use without having to put on pants makes this deal a win for me.