Check out our Top Rewards Cards to boost your points earning and travel more!
Picking Your Backup
You can ask IT people all day about which backup service to use and they’ll find flaws in all. I made that mistake once and after weeks was no closer to a decision until an IT friend caved and gave his blessing for Backblaze.
Backblaze meets my needs:
- No hassle background backup.
- Unlimited storage (I am sure there is a point that can be reached, however I am approaching 1 terabyte with no issues).
- Support for external drives – not easy to find at a reasonable price!
- Online file retrieval – website and mobile apps.
- Easy recovery – FedEx hard drive and flash drive options (subject to additional payment).
- Reasonable price – $50/year.
I have used Backblaze for over 2 years and am happy. This is my own paid account. Backblaze does not sponsor me. I have not had a catastrophic data loss to test their replacement drive service, however have frequently downloaded files.
First, you get a free 30-day trial.
Then, if you purchase a monthly or annual plan, and keep it for at least 45 days from purchase, you’ll get 3 bonus months added to your account. I’ll get 3 months, too.
That’s 4 free months in all.
NOTE: the offer page says you get 1 month. Backblaze says they will not update the page. They have confirmed that you will get 3 months. See here:
The normal refer-a-friend offer is just a 1-month bonus.
Protect Your Data
I know most of you have been putting off cloud backup. Take this an incentive to get started.
Once you are live, you can refer your own friends!