Check out our Top Rewards Cards to boost your points earning and travel more!
- Gol flights for wife and I never posted so faxed them in and by next morning the mileage was there. Maybe it had something to do with putting “Diamond Medallion” on the header.
- Delta Points reported that Delta confirmation numbers now work on Air France & KLM, very useful.
- Points, Miles & Martinis has quite the experience with seats and baby in tow.
- I have a stay at an Accor hotel in late January, time for platinum, via Loyalty Lobby.
- I rarely stay at Hyatt’s, either not where I need them or too expensive, but View from the Wing’s piece on Stay Certificates is yet another I need to study.
- Loyalty Lobby continued his series with Pros and Cons of Starwood Preferred Guest.
- Citi Hilton Reserve x2 is a hassle, still have not received the second set of certs, now 8 weeks after statement date where I met the spend, Citi is escalating with Hilton. Reader Al’s suggestion to use a second HHonors number for the second card may be the way to go for those who want two.
- Watching for first-purchase bonuses to come in from my recent churn, US Airways Mastercard 40k was quick, my 2nd of those, though still have not received the 15k from the Sept-Nov $750/month spend on the first card, oddly Barclays account shows they awarded the 15k in Dec, though it has not shown up in my Dividend Miles account.
- Spent a night at the Clarion Las Vegas to earn the Choice Privileges Visa bonus. Nice budget option for those attending an event at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
- I am in Las Vegas this week and Jimmy from TravelByPoints said CVS’ will not play ball, so I will enjoy my week of work and play.
- I am really liking the bill pay feature, which is why I will do Bluebird but not some of the more elaborate, time-consuming schemes.
- Million Mile Secrets has a master post, Keep Your Airline Miles from Expiring.
- New Girl in the Air has a sensible reality check, Forfeiting Status in 2012.
(Disclaimer: I receive a commission for some of the cards referenced in this post, which is disclosed by card on my card pages.)