TopCashBack is my primary cash back portal for their often high rebates on travel sites I use such as booking.com, hotels.com and various hotels for direct booking. This month they have increased cash back payout via Amex gift card payout from 3% bonus to 5%.
This is payout of cashback earned in your account from prior transactions, not cash back for new purchases of gift card.
(For new sign-ups TopCashBack is not currently offering a bonus that I can find, though if you use my refer-a-friend link I’ll get $15 and be appreciative to you.)
When you have built up cash back you need to manually request a payout. The options:
- ACH (bank direct deposit) – no bonus
- PayPal – no bonus
- Amazon gift card – currently 3% bonus
- Amex gift card – promo 5% bonus to August 31, 2016 (previously 3%)
- Tip Jar for TopCashBack staff – interesting
Consider if the 5% bonus for a gift card is preferable to direct cash that you can then use for spend with bonused credit cards.
At 3% I don’t bite. At 5% I will go for the Amex card.
1. You must have a U.S. address to be able to request your cashback by this method.
2. For a limited time only, there will be a 5% payout bonus, which is the highest payout bonus on the site.
3. There is a $20 minimum load, and a $1,000 maximum.
4. The card does not expire but has a $3 per month service fee after 12 months if there’s still credit/balance on it – so ideally you should spend your credit within 12 months to avoid the charges.
5. Some states in the U.S. prohibit cards with service fees, so these ones will receive a different card with no service fee.
6. You can’t reload the card, so once you’ve spent the credit on it you simply throw it away and request another one.
7. The card will arrive with the credit already on it, so you don’t need to confirm you’ve received it before it is loaded.
8. The card should arrive approximately 7-10 days after you make your payout request.