Check out our Top Rewards Cards to boost your points earning and travel more!
St. Lucia is a major cruise ship stop, but biggest ships disgorge passengers to minivans at the capital Castries.
Back on schedule, I arrived SLU Airport in the north, used by regional carriers such as LIAT.
The Avis representative was summoned from his town office by a helpful information desk and I was kitted out with a nice SUV for the winding drive down the coast to UVF Airport for my return to the US. Budget 90-120 minutes if doing it yourself on the twisting roads. Locals know the curves and handle it much faster.
In this series:
- Caribbean Lesser Antilles Island Hopping Itinerary
- US Bank FlexPerks Flight Booking Battle Tales
- Grenada: Everyman of the Caribbean
- Dominica: Pirate’s Cove of the Caribbean
- Montserrat: Volcano Island
- Antigua: Nelson’s Resorts
- Barbados: Flying Fish, Grounded Concorde
- St Vincent & The Grenadines: Gateway to A-List Hedonism
- St Lucia: End to End and Cruise Ships in the Middle
- Caribbean Island Hopping in the Tropical Storms
- Is LIAT the Worst Airline in the World?
- British Airways Caribbean Hopper Routes on Avios
- Caribbean Tip – Don’t Let Your Phone Auto-Adjust the Time
I had grand sightseeing designs that I scaled back due to intrusion of work commitments. I drove straight to Sourfriere Bay for views of UNESCO-listed Pitons Management Area’s peaks.
Anse Chastanet Resort allows swimmers with no fuss.
And onward south to Vieux Fort and UVF Airport. Talk about a great area to wait out a layover or delay, nearby Sandy Beach has great views and simple restaurants.