Air France KLM has released partial details of its relaunched Flying Blue.
It is not meant to be understood, it only is.
We take the losing side with Foucalt versus the French obscurantists, but Derrida has the upper hand. Lacan’s ”The less you understand, the better you listen” retort carries the day.
Distilling what I can make of the new program:
- Earning redeemable miles will be like Delta SkyMiles, but worse
- Earning elite status will be like British Airways, but worse
- The elite status year will vary by individual
- Elite status benefits do not change
- Flight miles still expire in 2 years without SkyTeam/JOON/HOP!/Aircalin flight activity however non flight activity like credit card transfers look to be able to extend just by more such activity, so no need to credit the odd flight to Flying Blue if all you rely on is transfers
- Residence of France and Monaco are no longer penalized compared to residents of other countries
- 2018 starts of as before, then April 1 the new program kicks in
- June 1 a new variable award program kicks in at as yet unpublished rates