Check out our Top Rewards Cards to boost your points earning and travel more!
The Rapid Traveler spent yesterday in Lima Airport’s Sumaq Club, getting his flight schedule in synch for Easter Island. He had a lot of work to catch up and will be in Lima on the return, so decided to stay inside the airport. His Lan ticket gave him access to the Sumaq Club, and though not large, it has almost everything that makes a great club:
- Open 24 hours.
- Great breakfast with variety, healthy options, and lots of fruit. The Rapid Traveler gorged on grenadillas. And even a juicer for orange juice!
- Tolerable finger food throughout the day, not just junk.
- Good wi-fi.
- Functioning printer.
- Storage lockers with LOCKS.
- Sleeping area: the staff even note passenger flights on a whiteboard and wake them for boarding.
The downsides at Sumaq:
- Few electric outlets.
- Business center only has desks with desktop computers, no empty desks for laptops users.
The big bonus:
- Garden courtyard! With electric outlets!
For a third-party lounge Sumaq is really remarkable. It does not have some of the lavish add-ons of famous airline-run lounges, but it does so much right.