Check out our Top Rewards Cards to boost your points earning and travel more!
On my mind: Plane2Port has a fascinating post on planning to cruise America’s Great Loop. All new to me.
- You can now see your partner PNRs on Aeroplan.
- Drop app: earn rebates at top merchants by linking your credit card (2% Amazon, 1.5% Uber, 1% Walmart/Target & many more). Choose your 5 merchants carefully, they don’t allow later changes.
- Flexpoints can only be redeemed online for most international travel 7 days in advance. Not my experience last year, sounds like things have changed.
- Flying Saudia during Ramadan is fascinating. It is fascinating anytime.
- Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection is building the anti-cruise ship.
- Japan wants tourists, except those in Mario costumes driving go-karts.
- Outside collectors for I.R.S. are accused of illegal practices. I did not know the I.R.S. uses outside collectors, I would have thought any such call is a scam, like this scams purporting to be calling from the I.R.S.
- Google to stop reading users’ emails to target ads.
- ISIS destroys Al Nuri Mosque, another loss for Mosul.
- Why I resigned from the Foreign Service after 27 years.
- Putin-Era taboo: telling why some Soviets aided Nazis.
- Taibbi: the NBA draft decoded.