Federal Register Announcement: Expansion of Global Entry to Nine Additional Airports triggered a flurry of reporting. 9 new airports by April 3, 2017. Yay!
…though some of the airports look awfully familiar. USA Today properly notes that several already have Global Entry. Specific start dates for the others not yet announced.
Here are the 9:
- Fairbanks, Alaska (FAI) – already has Global Entry
- Burlington, Vermont (BTV) – already has Global Entry
- Oakland, California (OAK) – already has Global Entry
- San Jose, California (SJC) – already has Global Entry
- Sacramento, California (SMF) – already has Global Entry (note on official list, however see SMF airport announcement from July)
- New Orleans, Louisiana (MSY) – date TBD
- Kansas City, Missouri (MCI) – date TBD
- St. Louis, Missouri (STL) – date TBD
- Houston (Hobby), Texas (HOU) – date TBD
By the way, anyone else finding that Global Entry machines are running slower and more prone to freeze the past couple months?