United’s Boston-San Francisco route will go premium on July 1, 2017.
Business class will have:
- Lie-flat seats
- Saks Fifth Avenue bedding
- Hot towel service – twice
- Hot meal
- Pre-arrival snack basket
Economy Plus will get:
- A hot meal
Economy will get:
- People who can afford to pay for business class (or have someone pay for them).
- People redeeming for business class awards, if you can find ’em, since United does not add a premium to these flights over regular domestic (early results are not encouraging).
- Elites in economy – gone are the complimentary upgrades, it didn’t take but a moment for United to exclude this route.
- Probably people trying to redeem for awards and not finding saver space.
I would not like to see my preferred route go ‘premium’!