Check out our Top Rewards Cards to boost your points earning and travel more!
The Marriott-United reciprocal status partnership RewardsPlus is offline till August 22, 2018.
Marriott has published an updated FAQ, confirming what their PR has previously stated.
United MileagePlus Gold and above:
- If you previously registered, you have been upgraded to the new Marriott Platinum elite for August 18, 2018-January 31, 2019.
- If you did not previously register, you will only get the new Marriott Gold Elite status (no lounge access or breakfast benefit) if you register from August 22, 2018.
- If you qualify/re-quality for 2019, you will only receive the new Marriott Gold Elite.
Marriott Platinum members:
- If you previously registered, you keep your MileagePlus Silver status for August 18, 2018-January 31, 2019.
- If you did not previously register, you need to have Marriott Platinum Premier Elite to register from August 22, 2018.
- To qualify/re-qualify for 2019, you will need to have Marriott Platinum Premier Elite status.
My account on the Marriott app shows I have gone from Gold to Platinum. (30 of the nights are from having the Marriott personal and business credit cards.)
Readers with RewardsPlus, have you been updated to Marriott Platinum Elite as well?