There is a both a promotion tied to stays and a free daily entry sweepstakes. Here’s the lowdown on both.
The Promotion (you have to spend money):
The MasterCard gift card promotion requires:
- Register here
- Complete 2 paid IHG stays by February 15, 2017
- One stay must be minimum 2 nights
- Both stays must be paid with a MasterCard credit or debit card
- Upon completion you will be emailed a link to redeem for a MasterCard gift card by March 31, 2017.
The amount of the gift card depends on where you stay:
- $100 if one stay was at an Intercontinental
- $75 if no Intercontinental, but one stay was at a Crowne Plaza, Indigo or Even
- $50 if none of the above, meaning only stays at at Holiday Inn Express, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Holiday Inn Resort, Hualaxe, Staybridge Suites, or Candlewood Suites
Bottom line: might as well register. Not a huge amount, though nice if it fits your travels. It will line up with my Europe trips and IHG Accelerate’s Q1 2017 promotion.
The Sweepstakes (free online entry):
One registered, you can visit the IHG Priceless Experiences entry page daily to watch a video and receive a free contest entry. Is it worth it?
Your competition for the prizes are every qualifying stay by registered members and other online entries.
There are weekly prize draws for every entry that week. Then all combined entries over the whole promotion period go to the grand prize drawing.
The weekly prizes:
- 22 winners each week can choose one of the following:
- BeoPlay A6 Music System
- LG 55” UHD Smart LED TV
- Canon Thule Camera
- Garmin Multisport GPS Watch, MyCharge portable charger and 360 Fly 360 Action Camera w/ Virtual Reality Goggles
- Wine Enthusiast 18 Bottle Touchscreen 2-temp Wine Refrigeration with Electric Wine Opener and a set of 6 Baccarat Wine Glasses
- Thule Kent Bike his and hers 700c Retro Hybrid Bike with Thule Doubletrack 2 Bike Hitch Rack
- Jura Impressa C60 Automatic Coffee Center
- 88 winners each week will receive 60,000 IHG points
The grand prize:
- 5 winners will receive a trip for trip for 2 to Chicago (roundtrip economy airfare, 3 hotel nights, etc, etc see the promotion rules for details
Daily entry is free, takes just a moment, and does not require social media spamming. I am doing my daily entries.
Readers, first draw is December 13, let me know if you have won!
Thanks to Dr. Liz Gross for bringing this to my attention.