Check out our Top Rewards Cards to boost your points earning and travel more!
United’s award chart changes take effect November 1, 2017.
- 8,000 miles for partner one-way economy awards under 800 miles distance (excluding US and Canada, calculated as if there were a nonstop, even if connecting requires total more than 800 miles of flying), Dan’s Deals reports that these are already bookable
- US domestic flights under 700 miles remain 10,000 miles one-way
- Hawaii internal flights go from 6,000 to 7,000 one-way
- Japan domestic flights are 5,000 one-way
- Standard awards become Everyday and will fluctuate within a published price range
- US lie-flat transcons go up in price for business
- US lie-flat flights to Hawaii also go up in business
- Various specific awards change price, Loyalty Lobby put together the comparison tables that United did not
Considering all this, and analysis such as at Dan’s Deals, I felt like I should do something. I just couldn’t figure out what. Nothing in my upcoming travel plans is that cetain, or the award changing that much, for me to take action and later risk change/redeposit fees.
I figure I have enough Star Alliance program alternatives with Aeroplan, KrisFlyer, and more that whatever I need, some program will work out.
Readers, what last minute United awards are you booking?