On my mind: Newfoundland joined Canada only in 1949. It is easy to forget the youth of Canada and the US. Alaska and Hawaii joined the US in 1959.
- A Female World War II Pilot Is Finally an Equal at Arlington (NYT).
- Mongolia is changing all its addresses to What3Words’ three-word phrases (Quartz).
- How Bolivia Fights the Drug Scourge (NYT).
- The Case for Uniform Dressing (WSJ).
- U.S. Pledge of $90 Million to Laos Glosses U.S. History of Terrorizing Civilians (Robert Sheer – Truthdig).
- Ancient Syrian Sites: A Different Story of Destruction by Hugh Eakin (The New York Review of Books).
- Mohammad Javad Zarif: Let Us Rid the World of Wahhabism (The New York Times). (Editor: author is Foreign Minister of Iran, the two countries do not have good relations.)
- God Save the United Kingdom (Vanity Fair).
- KLM to stop flying to Cairo (Business Traveller)
- Delta and Seaborne ease connectivity between U.S. and Caribbean (Delta News Hub).
- A Wine Lover’s Travel Guide to the Republic of Georgia (Departures).
- Grand Hyatt and SLS Hotels Will Not Abandon Troubled Baha Mar (TravelPulse).
- 2nd Night Free At Waldorf Astoria, Conrad Or Curio Properties + $75 Visa Gift Card + $25 Food & Beverage Credit (Doctor of Credit).
- Amazon’s Amazing New $89 8″ Fire Tablet (The Travel Insider).
- Hacking business travel: the good, the bad, the ugly (The Free-quent Flyer).
- You Should Go Check Facebook’s New Privacy Settings (WIRED).