On my mind:when I was an exchange student in Hong Kong, to hear it from locals, going to Macau would be a dive into running gun battles in the streets and innumerable other dangers. I went and had a great time.
I have not met a Canadian yet who has had a positive thing to say about visiting France’s St Pierre & Miquelon. Today I will find out if it is another Macau.
- Sweden sees record numbers of asylum seekers withdraw applications and leave (The Independent).
- The Non-FIFA Renegades (Roads & Kingdoms).
- In rural Ghana, there’s a thin line between your business and your faith (Quartz).
- Six Mistakes Expats Make With IRAs—And How to Avoid Them (WSJ Expat).
- To Get to Harvard, Go to Haiti? (NYT).
- The Worst Dictatorship You’ve Never Heard Of (Foreign Policy).
- ‘Too Dumb to Fail’ author Matt Lewis on the conservative movement’s culture war (Washington Post).
- Puerto Rico’s Rude Awakening (NYT).
- Turkish Airlines launches flights to Seychelles (TravelDailyNews).
- Zimbabwe Follows Robert Mugabe’s Health by Following His Plane (NYT).
- Is Social Media Screwing Over Explorers? (Outside Online).
- This Mapping App Makes Flying Way More Fun (Outside Online).
- My 5 favourite Flyertalk threads (Points to be Made).
- Hotel Hustle Help for IHG Accelerate Promo (Wandering Aramean).
- An Advanced Way to Find the Cheapest Airline Tickets (View from the Wing).
- PSA: Do not Activate your 12 New Gogo Wifi Passes from your US Bank FlexPerks Visa Signature Credit Card Immediately (Travel with Grant).