On my mind: below I link to an article on a new cross-airline rebooking system for SkyTeam. Calls to mind when I flew Tirana-Rome-Amsterdam. First segment was on Alitalia. At Tirana I could only check in to Rome. In Rome, I found an Alitalia service desk and they said I had to goes across the terminal to find a KLM desk to get my boarding pass for my onward KLM segment. I asked why SkyTeam partner Alitalia could not check me in since my travel started with them. The reply, “Because KLM has a proper system.”
- 13 female miles, points, and travel writers to add to your feed.
- Lifemiles award chart changes good & bad.
- Heads Up: Citi Prestige devalues their Trip Delay insurance.
- SkyTeam member airlines can now easily rebook travelers on other member airlines. Except Delta (work in progress).
- A new look for the ‘world’s first design hotel’.
- California’s high speed rail project suffers increased costs and delays.
- Last living Medal of Honor recipient from Iwo Jima offers graveside salute to ‘guardian angel’.
- Relic or reformer? A Nigerian emir wants to take his ancient city into the modern era.
- PWC: Millennial employees forced big changes at the consulting and tax firm.
- The Second Amendment isn’t the problem.
- How flies and maggots are being bred to eat your food waste and keep Singapore clean.
- Why pro video gaming will be bigger than the NFL.