Check out our Top Rewards Cards to boost your points earning and travel more!
On my mind: watching the Canada Day 150th celebrations from Ottawa on TV in Vancouver, one of the main speakers gave a thoughtful talk in French, ‘Canada: A Work in Progress,’ while dignitaries including Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Prince Charles watched in approval.
Wait till 2026 for the US 250th: it will be guns blazing, F-16s roaring, shouts of ‘we are awesome’!
- No MS upheaval, though some stores will still change hands: Walgreens, Rite Aid end $9.4 billion merger.
- Flexperks will be worth 1.5 cents in 2018 and beyond [down from up to 2 cents].
- Why I mostly ignore point valuations.
- AirAsia X touches down in Honolulu, Hawaii.
- YVR welcomes new partner, Hong Kong Airlines.
- Alaska Airlines cancelling hundreds of regional flights due to pilot shortage.
- Germany gay marriage approved by MPs in snap vote.
- Aldi and Lidl step up battle with US grocers.
- Trump’s voter-fraud commission wants to know voting history, party ID and address of every voter in the U.S. and A Wisconsin Republican looks back with regret at voter ID and redistricting fights.
- In defense of lifestyle inflation.
- Rahm Emanuel: in Chicago, the trains actually run on time.
- Estonian presidency’s opening act.