On my mind: in a year of such ugliness, seeing Disney’s Moana over Christmas with my wife was a delight. I have had two long trips in the Pacific this year and while I am sure there are inaccuracies and details to quibble, it must be inspiring to peoples of the Pacific Islands to have their heritage celebrated in a respectful, mind-opening experience for children everywhere.
Note: the articles this week spread across the past month and through 2016 as I did a lot of reading over my sojourn.
- Many LASIK patients may wind up with glare, halos or other visual symptoms, study suggests.
- Tanzania suspends U.S.-funded AIDS programs in a new crackdown on gays.
- A repo man didn’t want to seize an elderly couple’s car. So he helped pay it off for them instead.
- My 10 Columns That No One Read.
- Vice Media smartly documents Obama’s 8-year brawl with the GOP.
- Seattle minimum wage experiment is over.
- 7 Awesome Things to Do in Tofo, Mozambique.
- Albania opens top secret Cold War nuclear bunker to public.
- FAQs after 6 years of travel.
- The travel hacking index card.
- Pro tips from 15 years of reselling on eBay.
- Step by step guide to removing AU cards from your credit reports.