“How are you today, sir?”
“Darn happy to be skipping town.”
- JFK, Lan check-in terminal 8, lounges at terminal 4 (The Lounge, weak, with Diners Club, The Oasis, excellent, with Delta Sky Club), fly to Santiago, Chile.
- Connect on Pluna to Montevideo, Uruguay.
- Overland to Sierras de Mahoma, stay overnight.
- Maybe squeeze in Colonia de Sacramento. Even though sworn off faded colonial towns, a UNESCO site is always alluring.
- Montevideo to Asuncion, Paraguay on Pluna.
- Overland through the missions to Encarnacion, an 8-hour drive.
- The UNESCO-listed Jesuit Missions.
- On to Puerto Iguazu, Argentina and Iguazu Falls.
- Cross to Foz de Iguacu, Brazil and see the falls again.
- Lan flight to Lima.
- Redeye to JFK.
- Straight to office, suit and comb waiting in office.