Check out our Top Rewards Cards to boost your points earning and travel more!
Avianca Lifemiles is a strong Star Alliance program known for:
- Selling miles at relatively low prices, with frequent bonus promos
- Not assessing massive surcharges on awards
- Some degree of online booking functionality (I mean, let’s compare to Singapore KrisFlyer that still doesn’t search any partners)
- A credit card with a 40-60k bonus from a non-major bank
- Good value award chart with some gems
Because of Lifemiles’ prior fuzzy geography on creatively placing airports in award regions, there is a solid body of online English coverage on how to use the program, unlike some of Citi’s other transfer partners, which can be daunting to figure out.
Until now, the lacking ingredient was a strong transfer partner. They did not even have SPG.
Citi ThankYou steps in to rectify that with 1:1 transfers (in increments of 1,000).
This mutually increases the value of both programs. It even makes Lifemiles a better contender for primary Star Alliance program. Yay!