Check out our Top Rewards Cards to boost your points earning and travel more!
Update 4/23/18: the new public offer adds an extra 25,000 Avios for reaching $20,000 in the first year. As I was already approved under the old offer below, I wrote in via secure message and was approved to receive this new offer. Once I meet the spend (if I do), I’ll need to reply to them to claim it for manual processing.
Chase has made a surprise launch of the Iberia Visa to complement their British Airways card. With British Airways and Iberia Avios now easy to transfer between each other, this is a great new Avios boost.
The initial public offer is 50,000 Avios for $3,000 spend within 3 months. To unlock an extra 25,000 Avios bonus, spend total $10,000 in the first year.
$95 annual fee not waived the first year.
Iberia purchases earn 3 Avios/dollar (also British Airways, Aer Lingus, LEVEL and OpenSkies.)
Everything else earns 1 Avios/dollar.
10% Off Iberia Flights
In addtion to 3 Avios/dollar on Iberia spend, you receive a 10% discount on Iberia flights when paying with the card.
Discount applies only to the base fare, not taxes and surcharges. Book at www.iberia.com/Chase10 (not currently working).
Roundtrip travel required. Other rules may apply.
Annual $1,000 Voucher for $30,000 Spend
Spending $30,000 annual will also earn a $1,000 code for paid, roundtrip travel on Iberia for 1-2 people.
You’ll redeem the voucher at this link (not yet working).
- $30,000 spend is calendar year, must post on the card statement on or before 12/31
- Code can earned only once per year
- Code will be award 4-6 weeks after the statement date in which $30,000 is reached
- Code valid 12 months from date of issue
- Must be redeemed for 2 tickets purchased together in the same class of travel
- Appears to require roundtrip travel (give one-way or multi-city a try, though)
- Primary cardmember must travel on the ticket
- Flights must be operated by Iberia, no partner flights or codeshares
- Redeem at www.iberia.com/Chase10 (not currently working)
Not Subject to 5/24?
The British Airways card is not subject to 5/24 and early reports are Iberia is not as well. Yay!
Update 1: I applied 3/15/18, I am way over 5/24, my application went to pending as have all my Chase applications the past few years.
Update 2: the reason for my application going to pending came in the form of a paper letter asking me to call in to verify my indentity. I did that and the application was approved over the phone with no further questions. I also have the BA card.
Thanks to IAD Gr8 for sharing the news.