Dateline: Dallas, Texas, Frequent Traveler University.
- Americans are leaving religion. Why are we still subsidizing it? (The Washington Post).
- The Passion of Kim Davis (The Washington Post).
- The Rolled R’s of Vanessa Ruiz (NYT).
- Donald Trump, Elizabeth I, and the English Origins of Birthright Citizenship (The Atlantic).
- Target will end school charity program, shift giving to wellness (Star Tribune).
- Humanitarianism is the serious side of Sweden (Loyalty Traveler) and Foreign Minister, Hungary – Péter Szijjártó (BBC Hardtalk).
- Writer and Publisher – Jürgen Todenhöfer (BBC Hardtalk).
- It’s Time to Break With Saudi Arabia’s ‘Kingdom of Horrors’ (Truthdig) and The King and ISIS (Foreign Policy).
- Tartars, Foes of Russia in Crimea, Block Shipments of Food (NYT).
- Warily Eyeing China, Philippines May Invite U.S. Back to Subic Bay (NYT).
- The Sardex factor (FT).
- Katie Roiphe: Text -snooping (FT).
- Remains of Battle of Tarawa commander going home to Tenn. (KITV).
- 8 things we still haven’t figured out about nomadic life (Freakin Flyers).
- This Travel Tool Outlines Carry-On Policies for 250 Airlines (Map Happy).
- Is Waze Really Better Than Google Maps? (Map Happy).
- Sharm El Sheikh: The Good, Bad & Ugly (Travel is Free).
- Simple Trick to Reduce Ironing in Your Hotel Room (Pearls of Travel Wisdom) and The Absolute Best Way to Erase Deodorant Stains from Your Clothes (PureWow).
- Traveling? Download Amazon Prime Instant Videos for offline viewing (Everybody Hates A Tourist).
- The Best Airline Bargains, If You Have a Taste for Adventure (WSJ).
- Delta retires first NWA Boeing 747-400; averted disaster in 2002 flight (Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal).
- Postcard from . . . Castel Gandolfo (FT).
- Taiwanese tourist not allowed into United Nations Office at Geneva with her ROC passport (Shanghaiist).
- The baker behind Macau’s famous egg custard tarts (BBC Travel).