Check out our Top Rewards Cards to boost your points earning and travel more!
Dateline: Jersey City, NJ. Sun has set on a winter landscape that warms my heart of thoughts of home and childhood.
Over here we pay more than homage to truth and facts, and seek to expand our fund of knowledge however unfashionable rejection of ignorance and flimflammery has become.
- Welcome to Altona – population 4500 plus 45 new refugees (CBC – DNTO with Sook-Yin Lee).
- Special program dedicated to the Paris attacks (CBC – The Sunday Edition).
- New species of human relative discovered (The Guardian – Science Weekly).
- What Does the President Need to Know? (BBC – The Inquiry).
- David Bowie – The Music and the Legacy (BBC – Documentaries).
- South Sudan – can the world’s youngest country survive? (BBC – Documentaries).
- With Sanctions Gone, Is Iran a Hot Investment Destination? (Knowledge@Wharton).
- How Ben & Jerry’s Got Bought Out Without Selling Out (Knowledge@Wharton).
- Jeremy Siegel: Stocks Could Rise 10% in 2016 and The Upside of a Volatile Market? Bargain Stocks (both Knowledge@Wharton).
- P J O’Rourke: Presidential Candidates (BBC – A Point of View). “Who are all these jacklegs, high-binders, wire-pullers, mountebanks, swellheads, buncombe spigots, boodle artists, four-flushers and animated spittoons offering themselves as worthy of our nation’s highest office?”
- Shields and Gerson on Bernie Sanders’ debate influence, gifts for Obama and the GOP (PBS NewsHour). “…Donald Trump is an innovator in contempt, an innovator in the decay of American discourse when it comes to knocking the disabled or when it comes to comparing another candidate to a child molester or when it — or his raw misogyny.”
- ISIS: Inside the Army of Terror (Michael Weiss at Carnegie Council).
- Pacific: Silicon Chips and Surfboards, Coral Reefs and Atom Bombs, Brutal Dictators, Fading Empires, and the Coming Collision of the World’s Superpowers (Simon Winchester at Carnegie Council).
- How Did Americans Forget About the Pawpaw? (The Splendid Table).
- Giles Fraser on Wittgenstein and Blade Runner (BBC – A History of Ideas).
- Ancient Rome Special (History Extra).
- The Birth of Korean Cool; Pico Iyer in North Korea (Travel with Rick Steves) and Pico Iyer: Global Migration and Finding Home (CBC – Ideas with Paul Kennedy).
- Reflecting on 100 Days of Full Time Travel (Jeffsetter Travel Blog).
- What I Miss About the United States (Jeffsetter Travel Blog).
- Fear or Fun – How do you travel? (Dots, Lines & Destinations).