I just booked a 3-day swing through Cayman Islands and Turks & Caicos. A night and most of a day in each, separated by a Miami transit. A Citi ThankYou award on AA for 28k points at 1.6 cents/point with my Citi Prestige card EWR-GCM, PLS-EWR and in between a British Airways award for 9,000 Avios since GCM-MIA-PLS would have added $450 and thus cost many more points with Citi.
Other than a dip in Stringray City I haven’t set on a plan. Pre-LASIK I dimly saw manta rays in Pohnpei and excited to see the stingrays.
What should I stay/do/eat in each? Given the short time I won’t be able to do any activities that require full-day trips or additional flights. And how about for readers with more time when they visit?
See my take on other Caribbean Islands:
- St Maarten – Caribbean Vice
- St Martin – The Quiet Side
- Anguilla – Discretion Island
- Saba – Kong Island of the Caribbean
- St Barth’s – Gorgeous People, Pricey Hamburgers
- St Kitts – Plantation Splurge and Mega Fortress
- Nevis – Is An Hour Enough?
- Grenada: Everyman of the Caribbean
- Dominica: Pirate’s Cove of the Caribbean
- Montserrat: Volcano Island
- Antigua: Nelson’s Resorts
- Barbados: Flying Fish, Grounded Concorde
- St Vincent & The Grenadines: Gateway to A-List Hedonism
- St Lucia – oops, forget to write this one.