On my mind: Nova Scotia.
On my wife’s mind: Nova Scotia lobster.
- The Soviet Korean Who Ended the Forgotten War (The Diplomat).
- Norway considers giving mountain to Finland as 100th birthday present (The Guardian).
- “Nin hao” – Chinese police to patrol in Italy (New Europe).
- Canada’s Trudeau makes formal apology for racist Komagata Maru incident (The Washington Post).
- How China Came to Dominate Cambodia (The Diplomat).
- Hats Off to the Circumflex (NYT).
- China’s ‘Jewish People’s Wisdom Network,’ and Other Pyramid Schemes (Foreign Policy).
- Moving On in Vietnam, but Remembering Its Lessons (NYT).
- Edinburgh to introduce priority passport fee (Business Traveller).
- The garden king of Kabul: Babur’s legacy lives on in Afghanistan (FT).
- How not to text like a passive-aggressive Minnesotan (StarTribune).
- Travel Tips From Sportswriters: How to Play the Game (WSJ).
- Hyatt Devalued Redemptions at 16 Properties Without Notice: Here’s What Happened (View from the Wing).
- Air France Flying Blue cheat sheet for using your miles (MileCards).
- Korean SkyPass cheat sheet for using your miles (MileCards).
- Is Anyone Actually Saving Money By Travel Hacking? (Money Metagame).