Check out our Top Rewards Cards to boost your points earning and travel more!
On my mind: Russia, Syria.
- South Sudan is collapsing, aid workers were attacked last week. I vivited last October in a calm spell. Lines to fill up gas were 2+ days.
- Ancient water tunnels of China’s Xinjiang province are running dry. Turpan is one of the glories of the Silk Road for tourists.
- A female center is a better shooter than Stephen Curry?
- An Argentinian masterpiece, newly translated to English.
- A profile of the new, female chief of Aerolíneas Argentinas.
- Critics take a bite out of restaurant week. I skip any menu that starts with gazpacho and ends with creme brulee or flan, those are tell-tale signs of lazy restaurant milking margin out of Restaurant Week.
- Set your birthday in your IHG profile and you maybe get 1,000 when the day rolls around. Or not, mine has long been set and I did not get 1,000 earlier this month. May be only for new birthdays. To change a birthday in your account you will need to contact IHG.
- The unappealing options for miles to Tahiti.
- Last call (register by 9/26, buy by9/27) for the current Avianca Lifemiles buy miles bonus offer. I have their miles expiring and need to do something. I bought a few when the SAW loophole was alive. I never got to take the trip and they have sat. Buying is poor value for economy redemptions. Avianca flights have poor availabiltiy and high mileage prices. The value some find is Star Alliance premium cabin awards.