Check out our Top Rewards Cards to boost your points earning and travel more!
On my mind: I took a break from the news this week. Time with my wife and friends, fantastic Portuguese seafood in Newark’s Ironbound, sunny fall days on the waterfront.
- Brigham Young University announces new amnesty policy for sexual assault victims. How charitable.
- On brink of sale, family shop in Chinatown stays in family.
- Pre-Trump: over 190 countries adopt plan to offset air travel emissions.
- A foul-mouthed take: how half of America lost its f**king mind. The urbanization city vs rural divide is more openly wrestled with in many other countries.
- Mark Zuckerberg should spend $45 billion on undoing Facebook’s damage to democracies. Article from December 2015.
- What is a nation? The politics is hyperbolic, for me the powerful section is about America as a county, a nation and a state:
I’m not an Irish-American, I’m not a German-American, I’m not an Italian-American, I’m not even an Anglo-American. My whole life, I’ve only ever been an American.
Until I went to Russia. In Russia, “America” is a state (государство), but not a nationality (нация)….
In my youth, I could simply never understand what was a “country,” what was a “nation,” and what was a “state.” That’s because in my mind America was all three: a country (purple mountains majesty, sea to shining sea, etc.), a state (government, Constitution), and a nation (all of us Americans).
- OTA Hijinks: A fare too good to be true. I have seen this kiwi.com appearing in my recent searches, glad I did not mess with them for my recent Indonesia trip where it was incredible that everything worked out despite some close calls. Only solace in a flight delay in Indonesia is that you generally don’t need to worry that your onward connection will be on time.
- Is Uber Killing Hertz?
- TSA PreCheck abruptly shutters expansion effort.
- 4 things you need to be successful at manufactured spending. I am not buying a car solely to get a Walmart!
- A taxonomy of travel hackers. For people with others things to prioritize I still see credit card sign-ups as more lucrative than MS unless you are situation in a geography and lifestyle that fits current MS opportunities.
- How Can I Help You? A tribute to Darren Booth and the origin of the Spirit of BoardingArea award.