Check out our Top Rewards Cards to boost your points earning and travel more!
On my mind: I got new potting mix for a house plant. Therapeutic.
I’ll put some thoughts on the US Election in a separate editorial. Every talking head has pieces out, three that stand out for going beyond the predictable or inane:
- What Happened? from David Rothkopf.
- The Triumph of Trumpism: the new politics that is here to stay from Ben Tarnoff.
- Donald Trump is moving to the White House, and liberals put him there from Thomas Frank. I wanted a Biden candidacy and did not believe the pundits in 2015 who dismissed his path to the White House. Choosing a candidate based on inevitability is like a college football team playing ‘prevent defense,’ that seldom success.
- The Deutsche Bank downfall: how a pillar of German banking lost its way.
- They predicted a Trump presidency first, ‘Simpsons’ renewed for record-breaking 29th, 30th seasons.
- Japanese hospital inquiry finds that lasers and farts don’t mix. Since we have abandoned all seriousness anyway.
- The rules that guided Janet Reno’s life. I was too young at the time to think it unusual to have a female attorney general. Took a fresh look at this pioneer in light of the challenges women face pursuing high office.
- Instead of attacking the ‘mainstream media,’ identify bad journalism.
- Britain’s high court gives Parliament a say on Brexit.
- They both love traveling to ‘unknown spots.’ Will they go together?
- I got stuck at MSP Airport for 11 hours — and it was awesome.
- Every one of Hilton’s 13 hotel brands, explained (limply).
- List of 2%+ credit cards.
- Skyteam launches frequent flyer retro-crediting website tool.
- Help! Hyatt Diamond status is messing with my head.