On my mind: China brings Star Wars to life with ‘laser AK-47’ that can set fire to targets a kilometre away. Article says this is non-lethal, yet adds it can, “burn through clothes in a split second … If the fabric is flammable, the whole person will be set on fire.”
- Navigating Marriott’s phone prompts to book a Travel Package.
- Hertz and United slash lucrative one-day rental car promo in half.
- Best store credit cards.
- Stay overnight at the Bauhaus and sleep with the modernist spirits.
- Direction Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands – a new favourite.
- The Trapani coast.
- The politics behind Pad Thai.
- The obsessive search for the Tasmanian Tiger.
- Fraudsters ‘turning Dubai into the new Costa del Crime’.
- How to make a city waterproof.
- Mourning the passing of Jim Denton.
- It’s a hard time to be a never-Trump Republican.