On my mind: Net Neutrality is on the chopping block, this time for real, it appears as Trump has loosed the floodgates for every pet economic, anti-regulation hobbyhorse of his backers.
This is a technical issue and I don’t claim to know the nuances. In such cases, looking at who is lining up to support a proposal, and who is oppositing, can be insightful. I not a fan of the those pushing for this move, while I am of numerous people and organizations arguing for net neutrality.
Here’s FCC Chairman Ajit Pai’s case made in an interview with Kara Swisher back in May.
Here’s Tim Wu arguing for net neutrality at the New York Public Library in 2016.
- Two great ways AARP can save you money when traveling.
- Use Chase Pay at Best Buy stores or Walmart.com and earn 10 points per dollar on select cards.
- High annual fee credit cards travel credits – overrated?
- Boeing 737 MAX inaugural flight: what American’s new ‘no legroom’ plane is really like.
- South African carriers Airlink, FlySafair reach merger agreement.
- The Mystery behind Momondo.
- This Beijing-linked billionaire is funding policy research at Washington’s most influential institutions.
- How to make a fortune on Obamacare.
- The U.S. flooded one of Houston’s richest neighborhoods to save everyone else.
- Forget Trump and discover the world.
- This is not a strategy – it’s a fast track to the dark ages of rail.
- Why the humble jellyfish could stop China’s aircraft carriers in their tracks.