Check out our Top Rewards Cards to boost your points earning and travel more!
Note: as reader Mark R pointed out, the title of this post was unintentionally misleading. The miles awarded through Hertz rentals do not count for medallion qualification (MQMs). They are regular redeemable miles (RDMs). Medallion level is only used to determine the amount of miles awarded per rental.
- General members earn 500 miles per rental
- Gold and Silver Medallion® members earn 1,000 miles per rental
- Diamond and Platinum Medallion members earn 1,250 miles per rental
- For a limited-time, Medallion members earn 300 bonus miles per day and general members earn 200 bonus miles per day
- Savings of up to 40% on every rental
- Additional member benefits coming soon
This should be compared to other rates and earning offers. Frequent Flyer Bonuses maintains a comprehensive list. I generally credit to Hertz Gold Plus rewards for the occasional NYC or one-way rental. I confess I haven’t rigorously evaluated all rewards because I only use them for the occasional business rental.
I have been wondering if Delta would try for a strong tie-up with Hertz in the model of the SPG Crossover program. They seem to want to pick one key partner in each segment, while maintaining baseline partnerships with others. Since the car rental agencies are all more or less crappy, it is probably more delicate than with hotels.
Compared to National’s easy Emerald Aisle, I am no fan of the Hertz Gold Plus Reward’s pre-assigned board (where my name often doesn’t appear) and there are not always Gold Choice cars available so I can end up back at the counter, like last week in SFO.