Check out our Top Rewards Cards to boost your points earning and travel more!
Chasing around Lebanon and Egypt this week, will need to get caught up on the flight back this morning. Until then, a few articles I bookmarked for the flight:
- KLM’s Personal Headrest Messages from Family & Friends for Passengers (Point Me to the Plane). My first thought is what my wife might be inspired to write as I seek her tolerance of another trip of mine.
- Cuomo Wants Elevated Train Link Built to Ill-Served La Guardia Airport (NYT). And this train will go farther into Queens first, I don’t want to rely on the 7 train, however there are also LIRR trains at the proposed site. I am loving the current Q70 express bus.
- Bags No Longer Allowed Inside the Colosseum (Thread Tripping), and no bag check facility.
- Bamiyan: Can a small Afghan mountain town best known for its blown up Buddhas reinvent itself as a tourist destination? (Slate).
- Why are US visa questions so weird? (FT).
- Serendipity in travel: Why you should ditch Yelp and Google Maps (Slate).
- With Subway in the Sky, Valley Meets Plateau (NYT) on the breathtaking city of La Paz, Bolivia, one of the most incredible to view on flight approach.
- Hotel Industry Enjoys a Boom in Persian Gulf (WSJ) and many are low category awards for points, like Egypt.
- North Korea Is the Worst Place in the World To Be a Standup Comic (The Atlantic).
- Charlie Hebdo, Hypocrisy & Saudi Arabia (Tony Wheeler).
- The Williamsburg Divide (NYT).
- South Korea’s $21bn alternative to Seoul lacks transport and soul (FT).