- For 50 years, one American’s life has traced Afghanistan’s — bin Laden and all (Washington Post via @drunkengrass).
- Yemen Houthi rebels seize U.S. embassy vehicles after diplomats leave (Reuters). I ave been wanting to go to remote Socotra Island, a bit of a Galapagos in the Persian Gulf, plans now on hold.
- Washington DC Mega Flyover For The 70th Anniversary of VE Day, May 8, 2015 (via View from the Wing)
- Look out! Automated plazas take a toll on car rental customers (Chris Elliott). Dollar/Thrifty are the most egregious at this.
- Oslo Airport To Get US Pre-Clearance Facility (One Mile at a Time). Pros and cons for travelers, for Global Entry holders it is probably more con, though for everone else it is probably more pro. Except in Montreal.
- Must-Haves of Travel: Coconut Oil (Out and Out).
- AirAsia ASEAN pass is finally live! Travel to 10 countries for a flat monthly cost (Points with a Crew). Air Asia is sexy fun.
- Resort Fee Checker.
- Hotel WiFi Test.
- Tips From the Ultimate Travel Strategist (WSJ) recommends a subscription to Official Airline Guide for ultra international road warriors. Pricey. I wish my job justified it, though I am comfortable with various free data sources.