Check out our Top Rewards Cards to boost your points earning and travel more!
- A ‘bulletproof’ cross rises in Karachi (The Washington Post). Gutsy.
- What Went Wrong, by David Bromwich (Harper’s Magazine). Liberal critique of the Obama presidency.
- Not the Bush You Think He Is (New York). Considered look at a Bush few of us know.
- I flew a gyrocopter onto the Capitol Lawn to save our democracy (The Washington Post). Heard from the man who did it.
- Now It’s Argentina’s Turn to Be the Debt Bully (Bloomberg Business). The Argentina farce from a new angle.
- Take off that Fitbit. Exercise alone won’t make you lose weight. (The Washington Post). Back to eating healthy.
- Death on the Steppes: Mystery Disease Kills Saigas (NYT). Sad.
- El Salvador is on pace to become the hemisphere’s most deadly nation (The Washington Post). Much more sad.
- The Handicap May Finally Go Global (WSJ). Intricacies of golf around the globe.
- Hard Graft Endangered (The Economist). Positive story from Philadelphia.
- How death metal cured my hatred for yoga (The Washington Post). Yoga and running are the ones I cannot get in to.
- Tax-Deductible Clothing Donations Are Great, Except Your Used Socks (NYT). Good detail.
- Belarus president, ‘Europe’s last dictator,’ flirts with the West (The Washington Post). Amazing.
- Americans Start to Leave Air Base in Azores, and Locals Fear Economic Impact (NYT). Azores fascinate me.
- Drop That Gas Nozzle: New Jersey Is Full-Service Island, and Likes It (NYT). I hate filling up the tank in New Jersey.
- On location — ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ (FT). Namibia has been high on my list, will go this fall.
- The perfect place to escape other tourists: Moldova (FT). Nearly as few tourists as Micronesia.
- Revisiting a World War II Internment Camp, as Others Try to Keep Its Story From Fading (NYT). Sad component of the US’ involvement in WWII.
- FOIA Request from U.S. DOT Arrives over United Danish Kroner Mistake Fare (UPGRD Matthew). Digging to the bottom.
- The ultimate booze cruise? New all-you-can-drink sailings coming to Miami (USA Today). Exactly what the world needs.
- 6 Disney World Hotels I Don’t Recommend (The Deal Mommy). I bookmark these posts in case that stage ever becomes part of my life.
- Hilton: Check In for a 25% Gain (Barron’s). Analysis of post-IPO Hilton.
- Radisson Blu Haridwar India sealed polluting Ganges River (Loyalty Traveler). Must be pretty severe, or perceived to have pretty deep pockets, to be signled out for polluting that river. When I took a boat on it it looked like swill.
- Yoshinoya’s New Eel Dish to be Its Most Expensive Ever (WSJ – Japan Real Time). My once student cafeteria in Japan.
- My Experience with Sprint’s Free International Value Roaming Plan (Points Summary). Sprint copying T-Mobile with a small set of countries.
- Travel Blogging VS. Travel Writing (The Points of Life). New blog to check out.