On my mind: I was enjoying pre-dawn Shanghai, then saw the news that the fear and impotence President is again mucking around with travel. This ban on carry-on electronics on 13 as not fully confirmed airlines impacts any US citizens flying those airlines, along with any other passengers. Many airlines do not allow lithium batteries in checked luggage for safety reasons. Cue more unnecessary tumult, confusion, and soft power damage. Many questions unanswered.
- The La Quinta San Francisco North Hotel – AVOID! Mind the railroad crossing.
- My current list of all the “stuff” that I wish Delta would fix. Maybe you feel the same way? Especially the incessant Comfort+ ‘upgrade’ emails.
- Air France Flying Blue mileage expiration increased from 20 months to 24 months, still must be flight activity.
- Daytrip to Nürnberg. On my list.
- Heathrow T5 transit just got easier. Shocking.
- Why I buy my clothes in Europe now. Yay, Suit Supply!
- A defiant Jim Surdyk opens for liquor sales four months early and Surdyk’s fined, will lose liquor license for 30 days in July for selling Sunday.
- Xinjiang’s rapidly cvolving security state.
- Tillerson shuns all but conservative website on Asia tour.
- Free speech in Europe isn’t what Americans think.
- Is Fox News part of the mainstream media? It depends.
- Are daily opinion pages headed to the morgue?