On my mind: technological innovation in communications has heralded what in ways seems a return to a faith-based (in non-religious sense), pre-literate, pre-rational society. Here we affirm commitment to inquiry and learning through travel and experience of the world.
For those who say ‘stick to your knitting’, see the profile of the Golden State Warriors coach: Tragedy made Steve Kerr see the world beyond the court.
- I am not ready to be seduced by Southwest. This was per-companion pass changes. This argument resonates with me. The hassle of separately searching Southwest has an efficiency cost.
- Getting to Africa using Chase Ultimate Rewards points.
- The dark side of miles and points.
- Day trip to Monaco. I am heading there this month.
- 8 obscure places in the European Union. Several of my Europe favorites are islands such as the Faroes and Madeira. This month I will visit Isle of Man, Corsica, Sardinia, Sicily and Lampedusa.
- Lufthansa acquires Brussels Airlines, to become part of Eurowings.
- A ‘Stonehenge,’ and a Mystery, in the Amazon.
- China claims putting weapons on artificial South China Sea islands has ‘nothing to do with militarization’.
- Tyrus Wong, ‘Bambi’ artist thwarted by racial bias, dies at 106.
- Tragedy made Steve Kerr see the world beyond the court.
- Declaring war on common sense, Venezuela bans its own money.
- What the West can learn from Japan about the cultural value of work.