Check out our Top Rewards Cards to boost your points earning and travel more!
From Dan’s Deals, Spirit Airlines is giving away 8,000 miles per person for complaining about an airline. You need to enroll in their Free Spirit program and submit your complaint at hatethousandmiles.com.
I love MagsForMiles, many of my trips start with a load like this:
Some MagsForMiles tips:
- Magazine selection differs among airlines and changes frequently (Barron’s recently disappeared, BusinessWeek irregularly appears, The New Yorker never appears)
- Prices differ among airlines, but with few better uses, cash out Spirit anyway
- If you already have a subscription, go ahead and get a new one, most magazines automatically match details and extend your existing subscription (The Atlantic usually messes this up and sends duplicates, but they can manually merge accounts)
- Some publications are limited to new subscribers, there seem to be plenty of ways around this like different names at the same address
- Order only one publication at a time, you will be offered additional magazines for $2 each, if you accept you will be set-up for auto-renew at high rates, but are paper-mailed reminders with plenty of time to cancel
- At year end, when you call to cancel an auto-renew you will almost always be offered an extension for another $2 or similar