Check out our Top Rewards Cards to boost your points earning and travel more!
- My KLM/Delta trip last weekend was twice rebooked on the outbound due to weather and I want the mileage credit for all the segments I ended up flying as a small consolation for the extra time and hassle. Got half of ’em so far, but the last email from Delta did not look at my mileage request and said my miles already posted, which leave out an Air France segment from rebook #2, time to call in. The trip was a frustrating mess, eventually arriving 8 hours behind plan, but to rant would sound like a spoiled kid.
- New Diamond Medallion credentials arrived in the mail. They look exactly the same as last year, luggage tags still without even the year. Delta does not understand the ego show-off aspect of elite status.
- Elite benefit recognition on the way with Gol in Brazil, expect teething problems, especially outside major Brazil airports. My recent Gol flights included the mayhem at Salvador where Gol’s own elites had to fend for themselves.
- $50 Amex gift card finally showed up from the fall NYC-Puerto Rico/Dominican Republic promotion, Amex seems to take longer than any card company to post its bonuses, still waiting 1+ statements for a SPG credit card bonus.
- I stayed at the Mercure Grenoble Centre Alpotel where the clothes iron has its own room and supply of Evian water. This stay was with a new Platinum account, and the plan was to convert to Iberia Avios and on to British Airways Avios, but auto-convert requires a 3,000 point minimum while manual convert requires 4,000. Will have just enough if they agree to merge my old and new accounts. (Thanks to Loyalty Lobby on both.)
- Downgraded/closed out my Bank of America Hawaiian and Virgin Atlantic, and Bank of Hawaii Hawaiian cards. No good retention offers. Will follow with more detail in a separate post.
- US Bank put a fraud freeze on one of my Radisson cards for CVS Bluebird purchases. I did not notice for a couple weeks because they tried my home phone instead of primary cell phone contact, never emailed, and the account online showed nothing except a hyphen in place of credit limit. A call resolved that.
Blog posts that caught my eye:
- How to Keep your Hotel Points from Expiring Without Staying in a Hotel! (Million Mile Secrets)
- Credit Card Concierge Services, cards always tout them, I have long wandered if people use them. (Frequent Flyer University)
- Is the Founders Card Worth It? There was some talk of this card months ago and it slipped my mind, good to have a reminder though not worth it for me. (Pizza In Motion)
- Possible free 200 Accor points to help reach minimum transfer levels. Helps if you are based in Scandinavia but may not be required. (Loyalty Lobby)
- If You’re Rich, Then the Points Game is for You! Well argued. (Travel Summary)