Check out our Top Rewards Cards to boost your points earning and travel more!
Opening our ears to the world:
- Pakistan: Exporting terror? (ABC Radio National – Big Ideas). Al-Jazeera has the video. Hard hitting debate with former head of the ISI, General Asa Durrani. Must listen.
- William Dalrymple on Pakistan (The New York Review of Books, from 2009). A thinker I admire.
- Edward Snowden: Why he became a whistleblower (ABC Radio National – Big Ideas). Hear Edward Snowden in his own words.
- Smashing history: the impact of ISIS attacks on biblical Iraq (CBC – The Sunday Edition). The horror.
- Betting the Farm on a Drought (University of Texas Press). How the salt of the earth are facing their changing climate.
- Herschel Walker (Ross Tucker Football Podcast). Sports legend and chicken tycoon. The rare compelling sports personality interview.
- The American Dream in Trouble (BBC – From Our Own Correspondent). First segment on Somalia recovering.
- Mark Kermode – The Soundtrack of My Life (BBC Radio 2). Film critic and musician on music in the cinema from a personal vantage point. Really liked episodes 1 and 2; 3 and 4 meander through his pet obscure British films. His regular weekly show with Simon Mayo is a staple for wittertainment addicts around the world, including us colonial commoners. He is thoughtful critic, and occasionally loses it, such as the Sex and the City 2 review:
Or anything Transformers by Michael Bay:
- Two programs to subscribe: Oxford Union Debates and Al Jazeera’s Head to Head.
- Retail Special: Team Emporiums (Monocle).