Check out our Top Rewards Cards to boost your points earning and travel more!
The onslaught is about to begin as the Barclaycard-branded Hawaiian Airlines Business MasterCard has entered the affiliate channels. By full disclosure, I still have an active affiliate account though have not been actively promoting cards, which is how I received this news. This is not a new or better offer for the card, just new to the affiliate channel. The offer has been the same since the card was launched earlier this year.
Barclaycard has gotten very tough on card approvals since 2012. Those new to Barclaycard and credit cards find some success, however many of us keep getting rejections.
The main reasons for denials:
- Too many applications with Barclaycard;
- Too many new accounts with other banks;
- More than enough credit already extended on existing cards;
- Not long enough history with existing Barclaycard cards;
- Not enough usage of existing Barclaycard cards.
If you fall into one or more of these categories, you may be wasting a credit pull. At minimum it seems 6 months are needed between Barclaycard applications.
Also, based on my experience, Barclaycard does not distinguish personal and business cards in terms of making the decision. Meaning, having a bunch of personal cards but no business card with them is not a way to get a business card approved.
Please see my occasional coverage on Barclaycard and the 3 new Hawaiian credit card (Barclaycard personal, Barclaycard business, Bank of Hawaii personal issued by Barclaycard):
- Barclaycard Arrival Hype – Beware of Ruining Your Best Shot at Barclaycard
- The New Bank of Hawaii Hawaiian Airlines Cards Are Really Barclaycards (and May Rescue Orphan Business Accounts)
- There Are 3 New Hawaiian Airlines Credit Cards, Not 2, Can You Get Them All? Note: now there are 4, with the new BOH business card
- BOA Hawaiian Airlines Business Card Conversion…to BOA
- HawaiianMiles Share Miles for Personal and Business Accounts
- Reduce Barclaycard Credit Limits to Get Approvals?
Please submit your experiences to benefit other readers.
If you plan to apply and wish to support me, these are my affiliate links which are the best offers of which I am aware for these cards. I will be compensated if you are approved for the cards.
The Hawaiian Airlines® World Elite MasterCard®
- Earn 35,000 bonus miles when you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days*
- Enjoy a complimentary 1st checked bag for the primary cardmember when you use your card to purchase eligible tickets directly from Hawaiian Airlines
- Receive a one-time 50% off a companion discount on roundtrip coach travel between Hawaii and North America on Hawaiian Airlines
- Earn 2X miles on direct purchases from Hawaiian Airlines and 1X miles on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Get $100 off a companion ticket for roundtrip coach travel between Hawaii and North America on Hawaiian Airlines at each account anniversary
- Earn 5,000 annual bonus miles after $10,000 in annual spend
- See Terms and Conditions for details
- Apply here
Hawaiian Airlines® Bank of Hawaii World Elite MasterCard®
Virtually identical to the Barclaycard branded card and also issued by Barclaycard so approval procedure may be the same. Apply here (not an affiliate link).
Hawaiian Airlines® Bank of Hawaii Business MasterCard®
Originally there appeared to be two versions of the business card mirroring the personal, now there appears to only be the Bank of Hawaii-branded version. Apply here (not an affiliate link).