I opened a PDF statement for one of my Amex business cards because I noticed a message to check for “Important Information.” That info, way down on page 9, noted that OPEN Savings® is dropping the Marriott brands and two more partners:
- Marriott brands (Courtyard, SpringHill Suites, Fairfield Inn & Suites, Residence Inn, and TownePlace Suites), effective July 1, 2013. Regular Marriott brand hotels were not previously part of the benefit.
- Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corp, effective May 16, 2013.
- Microsoft Store, effective May 16, 2013
Any charges on or after those dates will not receive OPEN Savings® benefit.
The OPEN Savings® site is not yet updated with this information. It must be recent because my statements a few weeks ago made no mention of this.
For hotels that leaves only Hyatt, and that is loaded with restrictions:
- Participating Park Hyatt, Andaz, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Regency and Hyatt hotel or resort locations within the U.S.
- Excludes Hyatt Place, Hyatt House and Hyatt Residence Club locations.
- Capped at $10,000 per Card Account per calendar year.
You can choose 5% discount credited to your American Express statement or 2 additional Membership Rewards points for each eligible dollar, and can change preference once per calendar month. Choose your benefit here. For cards not eligible to earn Membership Rewards you can only receive the discount, even if you have other cards with Membership Rewards.
See the Hyatt Open page for full details and list of participating locations.