I had a few hours free in St Kitts and decided to hop on the Sea Hustler to Nevis.
In this series:
- Northern Caribbean Island Hopping Itinerary
- St Maarten – Caribbean Vice
- Video – Maarten Airport Golf Cart Tarmac Transfer
- St Martin – The Quiet Side
- Anguilla – Discretion Island
- Saba – Kong Island of the Caribbean
- Video: Landing at Saba Airport, Shortest Commercial Runway in the World
- St Barth’s – Gorgeous People, Pricey Hamburgers
- St Kitts – Plantation Splurge and Mega Fortress
- Nevis – Is An Hour Enough?
The schedule was not ideal for a visit, with one of the ferries in for repairs. I would have an hour on the ground, arriving at 4 pm just when the Alexander Hamilton Birthplace would close as well as the other, minor sites.
I had a fast walk around pleasant Charlestown, the Bath Hotel & Spring House, with claims to be the oldest hotel in the Caribbean, now a government office, and the Horatio Nelson Museum up the road, also closed for the day.
I swung back through past Gallows Bay and just caught the last ferry of the day.
Nevis has much of St Kitts’ plantation-era old house appeal as well as some posh resorts, minus the cruise ships. Worth more than an hour. I wish I had two 😉