On my mind: Women power in Asia, not only are they favored bodyguards among Chinese tycoons hanging out in Hong Kong, they are the DPRK’s choice assassins in Southeast Asia. When I lived in China it was a very different experience from my generation in the US in how women, in the broad cultural sense, negotiated traditional gender roles and professional roles, particularly at foreign multinationals where females often outnumber males up and down the hierarchy and across departments.
- Combating the herd mentality in this hobby.
- What are HawaiianMiles Worth?
- My close call with Merrill + Visa Signature sign-up bonus.
- Air France adds Maldives service.
- Nigeria’s Arik Air and aviation industry in disarray and the country’s president is in London undergoing medical treatment (via VFTW).
- Ex-Delta CEO says local officials must do more to preserve thriving MSP airport.
- Kim Jong-un’s half-brother Kim Jong-nam ‘assassinated by female North Korean agents’ in Malaysian airport.
- China can finally make its own ballpoint pens following 5 years of research and development.
- As Brexit tremors ripple, the Rock of Gibraltar shudders.
- A Report from Myanmar from an old China Hand.
- Living with racism in Australia.
- A Potter film too far.