On my mind: The fun of unexpected visitors and an evening at Congee Bowery in New York caused a jumbling of my publishing today. Now from Orlando, let’s dive in.
- Ted Cruz endorsed Donald Trump last week. Naked ambition over (staged) principle.
- A Maine town wrestling with maintaining a fading past and a luxury travel future, it hinges on a vote over a traffic roundabout.
- How Canada got immigration right. Somehow this sensible pieces made it past the WSJ’s opinion editors.
- US playgrounds removed of fun.
- Qatar is introducing free 96-hour transit visas. More than enough. I didn’t mind the fee so much as sticking a bar code sticker on my passport face page.
- Watch the Skift Global Forum live feed for travel and TED Talks mash-up.
- Desks are returning to those Marriott brands that had removed them.
- Restaurant discounts with SPG Cravings.
- View from the Wing has a $500 hotel credit giveaway tied to a new luxury discount booking website.
- Here’s how to get a Chinese-Chinese dictionary on your Kindle.