On my mind: I am going to the US Open today, first time to a professional tennis event.
- Massachusetts Could Swap Time Zones for Later Winter Sunsets (Bloomberg). Moving to Atlantic Time may produce a cool new identity for Boston distinct from the rest of the East Coast.
- In national anthem protest, Colin Kaepernick makes biggest play of his career (USA Today). Athlete activism on the return.
- 7 Essential Money Questions Sure to Start a Conversation (NYT – Ron Lieber). If I had kids I would study Mr. Lieber’s The Opposite of Spoiled: Raising Kids Who Are Grounded, Generous, and Smart About Money.
- Will Apple Music complete iTunes’ destruction of my will to collect music? (Slate).
- Wallis & Futuna: Dead Pigs and Cannibal Tales Under Full Moon (Nomadic Republic).
- Nadi to Funafuti with Fiji Airways, and two days in Tuvalu (Jason Around the World).
- How to Eat Alone (and Like It) (Twenty-Something Travel).
- What is it Really Like to Travel Solo if You’re Married? (The Girl and Globe).
- Doha Airport Adds New Passenger Tax (One Mile at a Time). The price of so-called ‘touch gates’ replacing bus gates, I suppose.
- Here’s What Happens To You When You Don’t “Book Direct” (View from the Wing).
- Six Under-Priced Awards on the United Airlines Chart (MileValue) this 2014 is still of value as we approach United’s gutting of stopovers.
- What Google Voice features do I get with Project Fi? (Project FI Help).