The best offers for Delta’s American Express lineup of credit cards are typically targeted by elite status. Now the best offer I have seen for the Delta Business Platinum Amex has been emailed to SkyBonus members and application is open to all, apply here. The most I previously recall is 40,000 bonus miles, 15,000 of which counting as MQMs.
- 25, 000 bonus miles (5,000 of which count as MQMs) after first purchase
- 30, 000 bonus miles (15,000 of which count as MQMs) after $5,000 in eligible spend in first three months of cardmembership
Things to Know:
- Apply by July 7, 2013.
- $150 annual fee NOT waived in the first year.
- Must not have held any of the Delta Business cards in the past 12 months.
- This is not an Amex Platinum despite the confusing name, the card does not have Platinum benefits like airline lounge access.
I hold this card and like it for the 10,000 MQM boosts for hitting each of $25,000 and $50,000 in annual spend. If you are able to put this amount of spend on a card, and many are these days, you can boost your Delta status-chasing. With Delta rolling out Medallion Qualification Dollars next year, $25,000 spend next year can also eliminate that issue. The boosts are less attractive than the 30,000 MQMs possible with the Reserve cards (15, 000 for each of $30,000 and $60,000) but at a much lower annual fee, $150 versus $450, plus for those needing help of others to get their annual spend, additional cards for the Platinum are free while for the Reserve are $175.
Disclaimer: I do not receive compensation of any kind for this offer.