New York Restaurant Week is running July 16 – August 10, 2012. Participating restaurants offer 3-course prix fixe menus for lunch ($24.07) and dinner ($35.00). Price excludes beverages, tax and gratuities. Saturdays excluded. Many offer weekday lunch only.
The Restaurant Week page includes an American Express promotion: dine 4 times, each time at a different participating restaurant, earn a $20 statement credit. Each transaction must be minimum $24 (excluding beverage, tax and gratuities – can they even track that?). One card registration per person. See the full terms for further detail. Not worth the trouble unless planning to dine out the 4 times.
More interesting is the British Airways Visa Signature card promotion for dining at New York City Michelin star-rated restaurants. Through July 31, receive up to 2 $50 statement credits for dining at these restaurants with a minimum charge of $50. The terms do not exclude repeat dining at the same restaurant or even 2 $50 charges from the same dine.
In theory the promotions can be combined with split bills and the proper amounts.
No Michelin 3 and 2-star restaurants participate in Restaurant Week, but 8 1-star restaurants do:
- Ai Fiori (Midtown West, Italian, lunch only, restaurant website)
- Aldea (Flatiron, Mediterranean, lunch only, restaurant website)
- Aureole – Bar Room (Midtown West, American New, dinner/Sunday dinner, restaurant website), note: Restaurant Week is for Bar Room only, not Dining Room; the British Airways promotion only specifies Aureole generically
- Dovetail (Upper West Side, American New, lunch only, restaurant website)
- Gotham Bar & Grill (Greenwich Village, American New, lunch only, restaurant website)
- Rouge Tomate (Upper East Side, American New, lunch only, restaurant website)
- Tamarind Tribeca (TriBeCa, Indian, lunch/Sunday lunch, restaurant website)
- Tulsi (Midtown East, Indian, lunch/dinner/Sunday dinner, restaurant website)