Those visiting Rapid Travel Chai for the first time will see it is not a miles and points blog. And it is not a travel blog from someone on endless vacation. Travel writers often act as if everyone can take weeks, months, even years off to amble the world. Even those “36 Hours in…” columns leisurely treat a destination as if visiting for the third time.
This blog is dedicated to the rest of us that want to see the world AND have jobs and family still there when we return.
I bounce from topic to topic. What interests me and makes me a better traveler I hope will do the same for readers. Some highlights:
- North Korea and more travelogues.
- Baby consultants on the plane, Professor Peter Conn’s China romp and more humor.
- Destinations from American War Cemeteries to UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Practical information from TSA PreCheck to getting visas.
- New York, New York (and a little Jersey).
- Credit cards are more than just their sign-up bonuses: chip and pin, and the pitfalls of Verified by Visa.
- Concise photo albums with companion maps to fuel your travel dreams.
I explore corners of the travel world that few venture to share, hoping to provide a distinctive travel experience for my readers.
Thanks for reading, I appreciate it.